2023 CLAS Mellon Research Travel Fellowship Application
Friday, February 24, 2023, 12pm CST
- University of Chicago doctoral students in the Social Sciences Division (Anthropology, Comparative Human Development, Economics, History, Political Science, Psychology, Social Thought, Sociology) are eligible to apply.
- Students may apply at any stage of their doctoral program, but can receive funding no more than once before defending their proposal and no more than once after defending the proposal.
- Any dissertation topic that has Latin America as its central focus will be considered.
- Application Form
- Research proposal narrative (not to exceed 2 single-spaced pages). The proposal should briefly explain the purpose and significance of the proposed research project, detail the proposed research plan, describe the candidate’s preparedness for the research, provide local contacts who will facilitate this work in-country, and specify the proposed length of the trip.
- Current transcript (please download from my.uchicago.edu)
- Two-page curriculum vitae
- A letter of recommendation from the dissertation chair or faculty adviser (please email directly to CLAS at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please submit all questions to CLAS Student Affairs at email@example.com.